11 Day Itinerary
CAIRNS, PORT DOUGLAS, CAIRNS HIGHLANDS, MISSION BEACH,
A UNIQUE & DIVERSE REGION.
to Translate- (Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean,
An 11 Day Far North Queensland Itinerary.
- Arrive Cairns, pick up your vehicle and Check in to your
- Spend the day getting to know the City, maybe having a
swim or stroll along the new Esplanade and its Lagoon (completed April 2003).
- Day Trip to the Great Barrier Reef. Return to Cairns
- Kuranda Scenic Railway to Kuranda, returning via Skyrail,
and taking in Tjapakai Aboriginal Culture Park at the end of the journey.
- While in Kuranda, visit the Butterfly Sanctuary, Birdworld
and a number of rainforest walks.
- Return to Cairns Accommodation.
- Drive to Port Douglas via the stunning Captain Cook H’way,
with the Coral Sea on one side and on the opposite, rainforest covered
- Swim at the majestic tropical 4 Mile Beach and in the
afternoon visit Mossman Gorge, a Tropical Fruit Farm and “The Rainforest
Habitat Wildlife Sanctuary”.
- Check in to your Port Douglas Accommodation.
- Drive to the Daintree River, do a river cruise to view the
“Jungled” banks and giant crocodiles.
- Wander the Daintree village you may find something unique.
- Continue your drive to Cape Tribulation and spend the
afternoon relaxing on the Beach or taking an organised Tour into this Pristine
- Return to your Port Douglas accommodation.
- Travel up the Rex Range on your way to Atherton and the
- Stop at Mt Molloy and visit the unique Nth Queensland Pub,
a Mango Winery and Coffee Plantation along the way.
- See our Northern
Atherton Tablelands itinerary.
- Feed the Rock Wallabies at Granite Gorge, (after Mareeba),
and take one of the many walks through this distinctly Australian Landscape.
- Mt Uncle’s Distillery and Banana Liqueur tasting is on the
Granite Gorge Road.
- See local wood craftsmen at Tolga Woodworks.
- Check in to your
- Early morning Hot Air Ballooning to see the Sun rise
- Spend the Day at your Leisure, sight seeing the lush,
unspoilt Central Atherton Tablelands
- Waterfalls, Crater Lakes, World Heritage Rainforest are
some of the many natural wonders.
- Arts & Crafts, Antiques, Historical Towns &
Villages are some other options. Maybe pick some local fresh strawberries.
- Return to your
- Spend the morning travelling to Undara Lava Tubes followed
by your 1pm Guided Tour of the Tubes.
- Take an evening walk through the Outback Landscape.
- Check in to your Undara Accommodation.
- Return to Atherton via Innot Hot Springs and stay another
night in Atherton.
- See the Southern Atherton
- Return to your
- Alternatively head directly to Mission Beach and relax on
the Beach when you arrive.
- Check in to your Mission Beach Accommodation.
- A Day Trip out to Dunk Island, a beautiful Tropical Island
only a short distance from Mission Beach.
- Spot a Cassowary in your Travels around Mission Beach.
- Return to your Mission Beach Accommodation.
- Head towards Cairns, first stopping off at Paronella Park.
- Etty Bay Beach, Josephine Falls and the Boulders are all
worth stopping off at for a swim in crystal clear water or just admire their
- Arrive Cairns and check in to your Cairns Accommodation.
There are many variations to this Itinerary and certainly
more time would enable you to see much more. Special Interest groups such as
Bird Watchers, Fossickers, Fishing Enthusiasts, Nature
Lovers, Wild Life
Viewing, Historians and Adventure Seekers can have this Itinerary specially formulated to
suit their needs.
See our web site www.athertonbluegum.com for maps and
more specific information, contact via email at email@example.com
or contact us here.
© Atherton Blue Gum - 2014